EASTBIO is inviting applications for PhD studentships for a start in Autumn 2018.
The applications deadline is Monday 4 December 2017.
Before you apply, please read carefully the information below. Email EASTBIO if you have further queries.
General information on how to apply
Applications for EASTBIO studentships are invited from excellent UK* students for projects available across our four partner institutions. To be eligible, you must either have or expect to obtain a 1st or a 2.1 undergraduate degree and fulfill the residency criteria. Please check the BBSRC eligibility criteria (esp. sections 4.1 & 4.2) here, or (section 2.9) here.
To apply for an EASTBIO studentship, follow the instructions below:
1) Check the EASTBIO website for available projects and contact potential supervisors (please note that the first name mentioned in the project description is the lead supervisor).
2) After you have discussed the project(s) of interest to you with the project supervisor(s), download the EASTBIO Application Form.
3) Fill the EASTBIO Application Form.
You can download the EASTBIO Reference Form here.
(4) Use the links listed below to apply to the institution(s) hosting the project(s) of your choice. Submit the EASTBIO Application Form together with your online application.
If you are interested in several projects which are hosted by different institutions, you will need to submit a separate application (including the EASTBIO Application form) to each host institution.
Links to application pages of universities hosting EASTBIO projects:
University of Aberdeen: Application link
University of Edinburgh School of Biological Sciences
University of Edinburgh School of Chemistry
University of Edinburgh College of Medicine & Veterinary Medicine & The Roslin Institute
[Please check the affiliation of the first/lead supervisor and apply through the appropriate link.]
If shortlisted by the EASTBIO selection committee, you will be invited to attend an interview and we will contact your referees for their references. It is your responsibility to ensure that your referees are committed to send their references when asked by the EASTBIO administrators.
The interviews schedule will be held in the w/b 29 January 2018. Details of locations and dates will be published here soon.
* Some EU applicants may be eligible, if you meet Research Council residency criteria.