EASTBIO currently advertises projects for PhD studentships with a start in 2017-18. To browse the available projects, please see here.
Deadline for applications is Friday the 7 July 2017. Interviews will be held in Edinburgh (King's Buildings) on the 20th and/or 22nd of July 2017.
Please read carefully the information below before you apply; email EASTBIO for further queries.
General information on how to apply
Applications for EASTBIO studentships are invited from excellent UK* students for projects available across our four partner institutions. To be eligible, you must either have or expect to obtain a 1st or a 2.1 undergraduate degree and fulfill the residency criteria. Please check the BBSRC eligibility criteria (esp. sections 4.1 & 4.2) here, or (section 2.9) here.
To apply for an EASTBIO studentship, follow the instructions below:
1) Check the EASTBIO website for available projects and contact potential supervisors (please note that the first name mentioned in the project is the lead supervisor).
3) Reference Request Form - fill your name and the name of the institution(s) hosting the project(s) and send the form to two academic referees. Your referees will be directly notified by the local admissions team (or contacted via an automated email request) to provide references.
(4) Fill the EASTBIO Application Form.
(5) Use the links listed below to apply to the institution(s) hosting the project(s) of your choice. Submit the EASTBIO Application form together with your online application.
If you are interested in several projects, which are hosted by different institutions, you will need to submit a separate application (including the EASTBIO Application form) to each host institution.
Links to application pages of universities hosting EASTBIO projects:
University of Aberdeen - How to apply
University of Edinburgh School of Biological Sciences
University of Edinburgh School of Chemistry
[Please check the affiliation of the first/lead supervisor and apply through the appropriate link.]
If shortlisted by the EASTBIO selection committee, you will be invited to attend an interview. The interviews schedule will be announced in due time.
* Some EU applicants may be eligible, if you meet Research Council residency criteria.