EASTBIO DTP invites applications for one CASE BBSRC-funded PhD studentship at the University of Edinburgh (College for Medicine and Veterinary Medicine) for a start in autumn 2019.
Closing date for applications: 1 April 2019
Before you apply, please read carefully the information below.
General information on how to apply
Applications for EASTBIO studentships are invited from excellent UK* students for projects available across the Doctoral Training Partnership. To be eligible, you must either have or expect to obtain a 1st or a 2.1 undergraduate degree and fulfill the residency criteria. For further details on student eligibility, please check here - esp. sections "Student eligibility" & "Annex 1 – Residential guidelines for Research Council Studentships" (pp. 17-21). Email EASTBIO if you have any questions on eligibility for this scheme.
To apply for an EASTBIO PhD studentship, follow the instructions below:
1) Check the EASTBIO website for our two available projects and contact potential supervisors before you apply (please note that the first name mentioned in the project description is the lead supervisor).
2) After you have discussed the project(s) of interest to you with the project supervisor(s), download and fill in the EASTBIO Application Form.
If you are nominated by the supervisor(s) of the EASTBIO PhD project you wish to apply for, we will ask them to provide a signed Support Statment in support of your application.
3) Fill in the EASTBIO Reference Form. It is your responsibility to ensure that the two referees you name in your application are committed to send their references by the 1st of April 2019.
4) Email your complete application to RDSVS.PGR.Admin@ed.ac.uk by the 1st of April.
Email EASTBIO if you have further queries about the application/recruitment process.
* Some EU applicants may be eligible, if you meet UKRI residence criteria. Please read carefully the information on the link provided above.