EASTBIO has a small number of PhD studentships to allocate for 2018-2019 at the partner universities of Aberdeen (in the priority area of Agriculture & Food Security), St Andrews (in Industrial Biotechnology & Bioenergy) and Edinburgh School of Chemistry (in World-Class Underpinning Bioscience).
The applications deadline is Monday 7 May 2018.
Interviews will be held at the University of Edinburgh (King's Buildings campus) on Tuesday the 29th of May.
Before you apply, please read carefully the information below. Email EASTBIO if you have further queries.
General information on how to apply
Applications for EASTBIO studentships are invited from excellent UK* students for projects available across the Doctoral Training Partnership. To be eligible, you must either have or expect to obtain a 1st or a 2.1 undergraduate degree and fulfill the residency criteria. For further details on student eligibility, please check here (esp. pages 5-6 & Annex 1).
To apply for an EASTBIO PhD studentship, follow the instructions below:
1) Check the EASTBIO website for available projects and contact potential supervisors (please note that the first name mentioned in the project description is the lead supervisor).
2) After you have discussed the project(s) of interest to you with the project supervisor(s), download and fill in the EASTBIO Application Form.
3) Fill in the EASTBIO Reference Form. It is your responsibility to ensure that your two referees are committed to send their references when asked by the EASTBIO administrator/s and/or the institution you have applied to.
4) Use the links listed below to apply to the institution(s) hosting the project(s) of your choice. Submit the EASTBIO Application Form together with your online application.
If you are interested in several projects which are hosted by different institutions, you will need to submit a separate application (including the EASTBIO Application form) to each host institution hosting the project you are interested in.
Links to application pages of universities hosting EASTBIO projects:
University of Aberdeen: Application link
University of Edinburgh School of Chemistry
If shortlisted by the EASTBIO selection committee, you will be invited to attend an interview and we will then contact your referees for their references, if not already submitted at application stage.
The EASTBIO interviews will be held at the University of Edinburgh (King's Buildings campus) on Tuesday the 29th of May 2018.
* Some EU applicants may be eligible, if you meet Research Council residency criteria.